Terms & Conditions
Detailed Description of Good and / or Services
Dial-a-Bed is a business in the Bed industry that markets Beds, Mattresses and Accessories.
Dial.a.Bed shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: https://www.justice.gov.za/legislation/acts/2000-002.pdf
Promotions and Marketing
Dial a Bed reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate any of its promotions, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, termination or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on the Dial a Bed’s website https://www.dialabed.co.za/ No liability shall lie against Dial a Bed in favour of any participant or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore the participant waives his/her right which they may have against Dial a Bed and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against Dial a Bed.
Payment Options Accepted
Payment may be made via Visa and Master Card credit cards or by bank transfer into the Dial.a.Bed bank account, the details of which will be provided on request. Please note: We only accept 3D secure enrolled cards. NO Cheque payments will be accepted.
Merchant Outlet Country and Transaction Currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is ZAR (South African Rand).
Dial.a.Bed takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer services and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Country of Domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Dial.a.Bed chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Dial.a.Bed may, in its sole discretion, change these terms and conditions or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This website is run by Tapestry Home Brands (Pty) Ltd based in South Africa trading as Dial.a.Bed and with registration number 2005/014198/07 VAT number 4300221746 represented by Tapestry Home Brands (Pty) Ltd.
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
Dial-a-Bed contact details
Telephonic Support: 086 100 7542 | Email Support: [email protected]
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfil your specific request. This information is only used to fulfil your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
- Third party vendors or Ad Serving Companies, including Google and its subsidiary company Double Click, may show you ads related to products or services on this site on other sites on the internet. These ads are based on the fact that you have visited this site. This forms part of the Google Remarketing feature. Users of this site may opt out of this feature by using one of the methods detailed below.
- As an example; we may request Google to server you a Text Ad on the Google Search Network sometime after you have visited this site. These ads may advise you of special offers or price reductions on products you viewed while on the site. This is made possible via information stored in your site specific cookie.
- This site complies with the Google Advertising Cookies Policy.
- Further information on how Google uses and protects information related to cookies and advertising can be found here: Google advertising privacy policies
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.
Warranties and Guarantees
Dial-a-Bed only deals with recognised brands that adhere to the highest quality manufacturing standards. This is why every product sold by Dial-a-Bed is backed by a manufacturer's warranty against any defective workmanship or materials for a period of time determined by the manufacturer. This period of time will consist of a guarantee period and a warranty period.
If a claim is raised within the guarantee period there will be no cost to the customer for repairing or replacing. If the claim is raised within the warranty period, a pro-rata charge will be applied and charged to the customer.
So, if you have bought a bed with a ten-year manufacturer's warranty this means that in the first two years (depending on the manufacturers terms), you will be reimbursed in full for any defective workmanship. This is known as a guarantee. After this time period, you will be asked to pay a pro-rata cost for any repairs for the remaining eight years. This is called a warranty
You will receive a manufacturers warranty and guarantee card with your purchase.
Refer to the product you have purchased for specific warranty and guarantee details as each manufacturer offers different terms for each of the products.
In the event of having to make a claim contact our call centre on 0861 00 75 42. Please allow for up to two weeks for evaluation of your claim which may include an inspection of your goods. You will need to keep your proof of purchase, product guarantee or warranty card in a safe place. We recommend placing it into an envelope and inserting it between your base and mattress for safe keeping.
We deliver anywhere in South Africa. Delivery charges are calculated on the distance from the store and will be added to your total order value. A minimum delivery charge of R450.00 is applied 30km radius of the nearest Dial a Bed Store . The Online FREE Delivery campaign applies to purchases made ONLINE ONLY from R2 999.00 and within 30km radius of your nearest store which includes the delivery address. You will be contacted within 48 hours of your online purchase (or the next business day) to confirm a delivery day and time. While Dial-a-Bed carries a wide range of beds and strives to arrange delivery within 5 - 10 working days, certain products may need to be custom made especially for you and can take up to 21 days to be delivered. In the event delivery has to take place outside of the Metropolitan areas (long distance 150km from Metropolitan areas), delivery can take up to 10 working days.
100 Night Comfort Exchange Policy
We believe in a 100 night comfort trial. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your new mattress. If you don't like the comfort, choose again, because you deserve it.
The Dial-a-Bed 100 night comfort guarantee policy asks you, our customer, to make a few guarantees with us. There are four conditions we ask you to accept in order for your comfort guarantee to be valid:
- You must sleep on the new set for a minimum of 30 nights.
- You are required to invest in a stain-protected mattress protector.
- Between 31 and 100 nights, you may exchange the bed for one of equal or greater value.
- If you elect to exchange, you are responsible for the delivery charge.
Every customer is required to check "I accept" or "I decline" and sign this comfort guarantee form at time of purchase. This partnership is designed to ensure that you, our customer, allow yourself enough time to adjust to your new SleepSet. In short, it asks you, our customer, to make a thoughtful decision and share the responsibility.
Dial-a-Bed is committed to service excellence. If you are not getting the service you deserve, please contact us so we can investigate any issues you are experiencing and correct them.
Returning a Purchase
Dial-a-Bed respects consumer rights and you have the right to return unsatisfactory goods. We would like to make your customer experience as pleasant as possible. If you have bought any goods and you are experiencing problems with the goods and would like to return them we will be happy to assist.
- You may return the goods to Dial-a-Bed with no undue or additional risk or expense to yourself and receive a full refund within 7 days if:
- You did not get the opportunity to examine the goods when they were delivered;
- You received a mixture of goods, i.e. you received some goods that we agreed to supply mixed with goods of a different description that you did not order;
- The goods you have acquired are not suitable for the purpose marketed for and described on our site at the time of purchase.
- Dial-a-Bed will refund you the full price paid for the goods if the goods are returned in the original unopened packaging;
- If the goods are returned in their original condition and repackaged in their original packaging we may charge you a reasonable amount for:
- Use of the goods during the time they were used;
- Necessary restoration costs to render the goods fit for re-stocking;
Please Note: Pillows, mattress protectors and pillow protectors are non-refundable and cannot be returned once the original seal has been opened.
- If the goods purchased are defective; are not of good quality; cannot be used and is not durable for a reasonable period of time; and/or not in good working order; or is not compliant with any applicable standards set under the Standards Act, 1993 (Act No. 29 or 1993), or any other public regulation; then the goods may be returned to Dial-a-Bed within six months.
- In the above event Dial-a-Bed will:
- repair or replace the failed, unsafe or defective goods; or
- refund you the price paid for the goods.
You may cancel your order if you have not received delivery within:
- 5 working days if the goods are in stock; and
- 21 days if the goods are out of stock
- You may not return goods if after having been supplied the goods you have partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined or added to, blended or combined, or embedded within other products or property.
- If you want to return goods then you must contact Dial-a-Bed by:
- Email at: [email protected]; or our
- Call centre at :086 100 7542
- If you are entitled to a refund the money will be paid back into the account you used to make the purchase and will take 10 days to reflect in your account.
Dial-a-Bed values our clients and respects consumer rights and as such ensures that all our policies are compliant with the Customer Protection Act (68 of 2008) and will go out of our way to ensure your satisfaction in our goods.
Refunds will be initiated once all goods are returned to Dial-a-Bed and will be processed to the account or credit card that payment was received from. Refunds could take up to fourteen days.